Friday, July 6, 2007

New Teacher Gift







This is part of a gift set that I'm making for my cousin, Erica. She graduated in May and will be starting her first teaching job next month! I thought these items would be useful to her. This is my first attempt making an altered clipboard! I used some paper I had from the 06' Winter Mini. The new LeJardin paper is similar, but with different colors. I also used the Office Accoutrement and Stamp of Authenticity sets. I made a pocket in the middle and plan to put a notepad in it. I also used a lower-case "e" from On Board Simon Lower.


The journal is from the $1 bin at Michaels. I covered it & used the spiral punch and added tabs using the tab punch. The mini tins have paper clips, push pins, and staples in them. I used the 1/4" and 3/8" punches for the top. I'm adding a stapler, teacher stickers, sticky notes, & some large paperclip/bookmarks. I might also make some monogrammed stationary, if I get a chance. I will post more next week. I was pleased with the overall outcome and I look forward to altering some more clipboards!!

1 comment:

Melissa Sibert said...

I love these items. You did such a wonderful job. They are beautiful!