Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another New Stamp Set & Technique!

Thanks to Melissa who recently motivated me to get back to personal stamping and updating my blog! Here's another card that I made at her house the other night. This card features another new set which will be in the upcoming catalog. Most of you should have received your preview brochure in the mail. This set, "Embrace Life" makes it's debut in the brochure!
I had a hard time capturing the true elegance of this card on camera. This set has a sort of Asian flare to it and is really beautiful. The flower image is stamped onto the right side of the card and shows up in white (much better in person). It's hard to see in this picture, but this VersaMark resist technique turns out great!
VersaMark Resist
Stamp image in VersaMark onto glossy cardstock
Dab sponge onto desired color of ink pad and dab onto glossy cardstock
I used 2 colors in coordinating tones on this card (lighter and darker)
Be careful not to rub over the versamark
The image that was stamped in VersaMark should pop out in white!

I love the size of this card! It's 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" and fits in a standard envelope. Many of you have expressed interest in a technique class. I'm thinking that I will get one on the calendar for January, so watch for more info soon!
Card Recipe
Stamps: Embrace Life
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Basic Black, Glossy White
Ink: Soft Sky, Sage Shadow, VersaMark, Basic Grey
Accessories: sponge, wide white organdy ribbon

No comments: