Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Version of the Carousel Note Purse

Yes, after receiving all of my supplies, I've finally been able to put together my version of Jan Tink's incredibly adorable Carousel Note Purse! This was such a fun project for me. I'm really excited for the ladies who are participating in my class next week to try this out too. We will also be making 2 cards and it's not too late to sign up, if you're interested.
I specifically made my purse for a Mother's Day gift for my mom. I think she will love the Afternoon Tea designer paper's colors! I'm going to fill it with pictures of the boys, which I know she'll love:)
This purse will hold at least 5 pictures. The green and guava cardstock mats on each side of the folded out purse will each hold a 4"x3" picture. The Soft Sky cardstock mat in the middle will hold a 4.5"x2" picture, and the 2 pull-out carousel notes will each hold a 4.75" circle picture. These notes convenientally slide into the actual envelopes that come with the carousel notes, which are the base for the whole purse.I used my CM circle templates to cut the cardstock and will use them for the pictures as well. However, if you have the Coluzzle or another circle cutting tool, that should work fine too. Below are some closer pictures of each side of the opened purse as well as the middle. You can click on any of them to enlarge.



The purse is actually larger than I thought it would be; front and back are 6.25"x6.25". I used 3 carousel notes and 2 envelopes + lots of DS paper and cardstock. Here's a picture of the back. The embellishments can certainly be personalized the way you want them, which is the fun part! Here's the supplies I used:
Stamps: Live Your Dream, Baroque Motifs (cherish), & retired So Very (sweet)
Ink: Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
Designer Paper: Afternoon Tea
Punches: Circle Punches, Photo Corners, 5-Petal Flower, Boho Blossoms, Designer Label, Round Tab
Other: brads, jumbo eyelets, hodgepodge hardware, double-stitched ribbon, paper piercing tool

No comments: