Monday, February 8, 2010

Kissing Birds & a Hanging Heart Basket!

Here are the other 2 projects for my Valentine's Class tonight! I've seen the 'kissing birds' idea fluttering around several blogs- so cute. They are really adorable! I love the new punch! The cardstock is kraft & of course the Sending Love Designer paper. It's hard to tell from the pic, but I used a sponge to add burgundy ink around the edges of the birds and their wings to add dimension. I also popped up the wings.And this is my first attempt at making a Hanging Heart Basket using the Sizzix Petal Card die! Really easy. Click here for a short tutorial. The hearts & tag are die-cut from some little sizzlits. Besides 2 pieces of the 4.5x4.5 ds paper, I cut a 2x5 piece of real red cardstock which makes the 'pouch.' It's large enough for a small bag of candy or whatever other goodies you can think of! I used brads to attach my ribbon- simply b/cause I was running short. You could also insert eyelets or just punch a hole and knot the ribbon. Very easy!


No comments: