Thursday, March 18, 2010

Scallop Circle Fabric Hair Barrettes

I was so excited to make these adorable fabric hair barrettes! I've seen various versions of these on different blogs. I was recently asked to come up with an easy craft project for our Awana TNT girls group at church. I immediately thought of these barrettes & this is my first attempt. I used a combination of scallop circles from sizzix SU Baskets & Blooms & Scallop Circle #2 dies. The circles are each hot glued together and kind of scrunched up, so they don't lay flat. After allowing time to dry, I used my paper piercer to poke a hole in the center and then inserted a brad. The final touch was pulling the edges of the fabric to slightly fray it, giving it a 'shabby chic' look.

The only snap barrettes I had were Isabella's size, so that's what I used for this one. Here's some pics of her wearing one. Very cute & fun! Stay tuned for more of these using different fabrics and a slightly different format, including a brooch!

No comments: