Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Thank-You's

No, I have not had my baby- yet! 6 more days and counting! But I have started a batch of thank-you cards. I was completely blessed & spoiled with a church shower on Saturday! I say spoiled because most people don't have showers with a 4th baby! But we believe every baby is a special blessing and celebration & so do my church friends! Anyway, I decided I better get started on my thank-you cards, as the gifts keep coming in! Josiah will definitely be well-stocked with diapers & wipes!
This card actually has little stamping, but the inspiration came from a tiny sailboat stamp that I have from a retired set. I decided to try to re-create the image & used punches to do so. The bottom of the boat is half of a 1" circle. The sail on the boat is half of a 3/4" square. The boat image is layered on a 1 3/8" circle and then a scallop circle. Notice the tiny button- it's one of the clear bitty buttons from the new summer mini! I tied some blue thread through it and used a glue dot to adhere it to the card. The patterned paper is from last year's SAB package- prints that are perfect for a baby boy! I stamped on the white scallop trim & that completes the card! I love making cards in batches. A hint- cut, punch, & assemble all pieces before putting the cards together. And sometimes this has to be done in several sittings, but it's much quicker than trying to put together one card at a time.

No comments: