Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My 2nd Big Shot Rag Quilt Purse

Well, here is my 2nd attempt at the Big Shot rag quilt purse. Try to overlook the picture quality. I had to take this on my way out the door to actually deliver the bag! I used the scallop squre die + Big Shot to cut the squares, which are a little less than 5". I think this one definitely turned out better than my first, so I was pleased! This adorable little bag is going to a sweet little 3 year old girl as her birthday present. I thought the fabric was perfect for a little girl & I actually have everything cut out to make Isabella an identical bag! I bought the fabric in a bundle, so all of the pieces coordinate. And what a value- the bundle only cost me $6 & I cut 2 bags from it! As you can see from the picture, I used 6 different fabrics, which all coordinate. One reason this bag turned out better than my first is because I used cotton batting instead of polyester. I also used a SU gluestick to glue the batting between 2 fabric pieces. This made sewing the squares much easier because everything stayed in place. The other difference in this bag as opposed to my first is that I intentionally left the scallops on the inside, leaving the outside with neat squares. I actually really like that look better. And of course this bag is made up of 4 squares front and back, instead of 9. Let me know what you think!

No comments: