Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fabric Canvas Trio- a fun project!

I took my free time this weekend to work on a fun project that I've been itching to finish! I covered 3 canvases with adorable little girl fabric for Isabella's room! She recently moved out of the crib and into a 'big girl' toddler bed (therefore freeing up the crib for Josiah)! How weird to not see a crib in the corner anymore, after being there for 4 years!
Anyway, I decided the canvases needed dressed-up, so I embellished them all differently.I love this dainty Tea & Sweets fabric! This busy pattern didn't call for much, but I wanted to add a little dimension. I used some of the SU crocheted fleurettes (on the Clearance Rack, here) with Sherbert designer buttons (click here- also on Clearance Rack!) in the middle, and draped ribbon in between. Check out the cute rick-rack from the retired Fairy Tales ribbon bundle (previously on the Clearance Rack).
And who could resist this yummy cupcake fabric! This was simple enough to embellish. I continued the twisted ribbon draping and attatched two fabric flowers on each end. They were made from scallop circles with my Big Shot. I folded several and hot-glued them together.
And lastly, this was the most time-consuming canvas. The fabric is a busy pattern, but it's small, so nothing stands out, specifically. I decided to break it up with the scallop squares and a felt object in each. I made the cupcake & heart free-hand. The bird and teapot were made using a K&Co stencil pattern kit, which I dot-to-dot traced on a piece of felt. I then used embroidery floss to hand-stitch the images and then cut them out & glued each to a square. I love the effect! I actually just picked the kit up off of a clearance end cap at a local craft store. I wasn't even sure what I would do with it, but the little bird caught my eye. How thrilled was I to discover the teapot included as well! I added the ribbon bows at the last minute. I think they sort of tie in with the other 2 pictures.
I've had so much fun making sweet little crafty things for Isabella! And being involved with SU has made it so easy with all the adorable little accessories & Big Shot dies! Check back soon- I have used the pennant die to cut out a pennant for each letter of her name. I plan to put it together to hang in her room as well!

No comments: