Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's A Baby Pennant Banner!

I had so much fun making this adorable baby pennant banner! It has been so long since I've paper-crafted, so this was a real treat! It was made as a decoration for a baby shower that I put together for a friend of mine, & unfortunately, I did not take any pictures of it actually hanging. Oops! You'll have to take my word that it was very cute!
Sizzix dies used:
Perfect Pennants
Bigz Clear Circle
Bigz Scallop Circle
Serif Essentials Alphabet
As you can see, I coordinated the colors with the paper products we were using for the shower. In SU world, that amounts to: Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, & a few dashes of some bright yellow!
I set eyelets to attach each of the pennants. I tied a yellow bow through one, pulling some yellow into the palette. As an alternative to the ribbon, I attached an accordian flower to the eyelet holding the last two pennants together.
A variety of double-sided designer paper (SU) was used for each pennant base and for each of the large circles. The large scallops are made from plain cardstock. And then I embellished with various accessories: felt flowers & glimmer brads, stacked buttons, and even a cut-out stamped onesie image!
I used a tiny vintage trinket safety pin + a glue dot to attach it. So much fun! I loved the bright colors! And the best part is, this was not simply a shower decoration, it's also going in the new baby's nursery! How sweet!

For anyone interested, I will take orders for a custom-made banner! Email me for more info! And check my other post for a Christmas banner option!

No comments: