Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm still playing around with the Love and Happiness rub-ons from SAB. They are really new to me, as I haven't used rub-ons before. However, they're really growing on me! I've had fun with these projects! I think the rub-ons really jazzed up these votive holders, giving them color and texture. I added the coordinating ribbon to complete the look.
The card is basically CASE'd from "sparklegirl" on splitcoast. What a resource of ideas! If you haven't checked this website out yet, you really need to. I have a link on my sidebar. Anyway, I changed a few things on my version. I really like the colors and the "patchwork" look. The big flower and the words are both rub-ons. This card is going to my grandma in Ohio who's recently been in and out of the hospital. I hope it cheers her up. Here's what else I used:
Rub-ons: Love and Happiness
Paper: whisper white, real red, old olive, bashful blue, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise
Other: 3/4" punch, red brads, paper piercing tool/mat,
As a side note--I recently ordered the rub-ons that coordinate with the Boho scrapbook kit, so I'm looking forward to "branching out" into that area too! I will most definitely post pics!

No comments: