Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Solitude


I love the name of this set and of course it's perfect for this time of year! This is a hostess set from the current SU catalog. I've really been wanting to play around with it and just recently got the chance. I basically CASE'D it from the catalog sample picture-a great source of inspiration! Although the card requred alot of cutting, it's worth it because I think it turned out to be really pretty; perfect for a variety of occassions.
Stamps: Spring Solitude + retired sentiment stamp
Cardstock: Old Olive, Whisper White, Blue Bayou + East Coast Prep Designer Series paper
Ink: Apricot Appeal, Olid Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Not Quite Navy
Other: 1-1/4" punch, hodgepodge hardware, apricot appeal grosgrain, Fresh Favorites I button
I also made a mini notepad book, using this set. I made a couple of these not too long ago. Check out my older post here. Inside the book is a small legal notepad. Very simple to make. Let me know if you'd like the pattern.
Stamps: Spring Solitude
Ink: certainly celery, choclate chip, almost amethyst
Paper: almost amethyst, wild wasabi, whisper white, so saffron, & retired designer series
Other: silver mini brads, wild wasabi double-stitched ribbon, scallop circle punch, 1-1/4" + 1-3/8" punches.

No comments: