Monday, August 4, 2008

Here Comes the Bride!


Yes, another invitation! This one is for my sister-in-law's bridal shower. She chose the "She's All That" stamp set for the invites. Her wedding colors are pink, black, & ivory, w/some white as well, which I'll be using as accents for the shower. This is my first draft of the invite and I wanted to get it posted so that she could check it out. Some of the black ink smudged above the bride's head, so I will have to be super careful when stamping the others. Also, I had planned to use sheer black ribbon, but purchased cord by mistake. I just happend to have a small piece of this sheer white w/black polka dots, so I decided to give it a shot. I like the overall effect, so I will probably try to find more of that. There's a small Swarovski Crystal in the center of the flowers the bride is carrying. I like this little touch of "bling." I case'd this card from "Sairabee" on Splitcoast, but changed the size, ribbon, & added the crystal instead of pearls. I also omitted the Swiss Dots embossing at the bottom of the card. I may end up adding that, as I just ordered this embossing folder, if mine arrives soon. I also might play around with the size of this card and/or the pieces on the card. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

No comments: