Thursday, August 7, 2008

Anniversary Frame

Here's a fun, easy, meaningful gift idea. I embellished the mat inside this beautiful frame for my in-laws' anniversary gift. While cutting the swirls from Brocade Basics was tedius, the end result was worth it! What an elegant set! I wish I would have had time to embellish around the entire mat. However, sometimes simple is better. The best part of this gift is the lovely poem my husband wrote for his parents. I hope they will treasure the words and thoughts for years to come.
I used the Soft Sky DS prints paper as a background for the words. The pearl embellishments came from the Pretties kit. I would like to have used more, inlcuding the hat pin, but there wasn't enough room between the glass and mat.
I think this idea would work great for a variety of gift ocassions. You could even substitute the poem with a picture or wedding invitation.
Click on the picture to enlarge for details.
Stamps: Brocade Basics
Ink: Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Paper: Soft Sky DS Prints, Whisper White
Other: Pretties kit pearls, ivory frame w/mat (Walmart)

No comments: