Monday, August 18, 2008

Voila! My First Recipe Box! AND a Class Kit Offer!

This recipe box was a great project! So much fun! I was pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially considering it was my first attempt at an altered tin! I will definitely be making more of these in the future!

This box was made as a special gift for my sister-in-law, Amanda. I gave it to her at her first bridal shower on Saturday. Combined with some wooden spoons, measuring cups, and a cute matching chef pot holder set, this gift was complete! I used colors to match her kitchen decor: tempting turquoise, real red, & wild wasabi + a bit of more mustard, since it was in the ds paper. Instructions for this project can be found HERE on splitcoast. The paper is adhered and then sealed with modge podge. I did have a bit of trouble covering the top with paper, however. So, I covered some bare spots with circle punches and a food image. I thought it worked out. The inside is large enough to hold LOTS of recipes and great for keeping them organized.
Once your paper is cut and the chef image is pieced to your taste, this is simple to put together. If you're interested in making one of these yourself, I'm offering this project in a kit. EMAIL ME TO PURCHASE.
Recipe Kit Details:
You may choose to make a book (click HERE for sample) or a box.
Recipe Book $20-ORDER BY AUGUST 26th:
Includes SU On Board journal, your choice of ds paper (from my stock) and coordinating cardstock, some ribbon & a hardware embellishment. Also includes cardstock dividers for 6 recipe categories as well as tabs for tops and 6 blank cards for using the recipe stamp. You may also use the recipe card stamp to stamp on the pages, if you wish.
Recipe Box $25:
Includes Provo Craft white lunchtin, your choice of ds paper (from my stock) and coordinating cardstock, some ribbon & a hardware embellishment. Also includes cardstock dividers for 6 recipe categories as well as tabs for tops and 6 blank cards for using the recipe stamp.
NOTE: if you choose the box option, I will not be cutting the paper for the lid. You may do this on your own or choose to paint the top. It also looks great left plain or maybe decorated with some circle food image punches. Also, the ribbon included in your kit may not be enough to cover the entire handle of this box. Feel free to bring additional or add it later.
You can choose from a variety of colors and paper to personalize your own. You will also need to bring a sponge brush for application.
If you'd like to complete this in a class setting, I will be scheduling a date for sometime around the first part of September.EMAIL ME TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE OR TO ORDER A KIT!

No comments: