Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Don't Miss It!


These 'Don't Miss It' invites were stamped with bleach! I'm so glad I learned this technqiue! It's probably the newest one I've played around with the most! If you haven't tried it, you really should give it a shot. All you need is a bold image stamp and a small tray of folded paper towles and some bleach. You have to play around with the amount you pour on top of the towels. And you also will have to experiment with various colors of cardstock. The bleach will look different on each color.
For these invites, I used a bold image star from one of my Christmas sets (can't remember the name). The star was stamped in random places around the card. I also stamped a confetti image and then used a sponge for a few additional bleached spots. Both stars were punched with SU star punches and then popped up with dimensionals. The edges of each were dipped in bleach, as was the 'don't miss it' circle and the Pacific Point blue strip. This was the first opportunity I've had to use the Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware. The star brads were perfect for these cards! Cardstock colors used: Old Olive, Pacific Point & Tangerine Tango (retired 98-09 In Colors).

No comments: