Monday, December 14, 2009

Isabella's 1st Birthday Invitations

These are the birthday invitations that I made for Isabella's party. I can't believe she'll be one on Friday. I had a hard time finding a stamp that I really wanted to use, so I actually purchased a digistamp online. This was something new to me. These digital images can be purchased and downloaded to your computer. You can then print the image from your printer onto cardstock. While it sounds convenient, there are definitely some drawbacks. Although I waited an entire day, the ink from my printer slightly smeared while using markers to color the image. Also, you have to figure out how big you want the image in order to size it correctly onto the cardstock, before printing.
I was pleased with this particular card, however, I think I'll stick to my classic stamps and ink. I did use SU's Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock + Sweet Always (retired) designer paper. The 'Isabella' wording is from one of SU's personalized stamps. I used Dazzling Diamonds on the wings & little crystal stick on jewels everywhere else. I also used the eyelet border punch for the side border strip. I plan to cut some butterflys from my Big Shot for some of the birthday decor- which I will try to post later.

No comments: