Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August Class Projects

Thanks to the 5 ladies who attended my August class last night! You all made it a successful evening! I hope everyone enjoyed the projects. I always love it when something is new to everyone! For those of you who missed out, we made a total of 4 projects:




2-in-1 Basket.I love that this is held together by a little binder clip ring, decorated w/ribbon! This basket uses a 6x6 piece of ds paper. Score at 2" all the way around. Then, score from each corner point to the middle & fold points in. Click here for a tutorial on how to make this PLUS the other basket option.


Owl Punch Paper Clip Bookmark. I love this little guy! And so easy- just choose your paper and punch! The hardest part is putting the tiny black eyeballs on the whites of the eyes. I used my stylus to help position them onto drops of liquid glue. The finished owls (front/back) were attached to the jumbo paper clip using large glue dots. Someone mentioned that you can find the paper clips at the dollar store! I think I got a big pack of these at the office supply store awhile back. If you don't own this adorable owl punch, you must get it!

Origami Shadowbox Card. I thought this was very striking! Love the effect! Just a square w/a few folds. Click here for detailed instructions.

Stencil Emboss Resist Card.This card kind of has a 'vintage' feel to it. You can get the stencil through SU and there's lots of possibilities for using it & it's very inexpensive! I lined this one up on vanilla cardstock and left a little off the paper. Then, I smooshed VersaMark on top of it, poured on clear embossing powder, & heated with my heat gun. Next, I used a sponge to apply color around the stencil. The embossing part of it 'resists' the ink and makes the image pop out! You can watch a video tutorial here.

If you have any questions, drop me an email!

No comments: