Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kind & Caring Thoughts



This is a card I recently 'whipped up' using the Kind & Caring Thoughts retired hostess set. It's actually case'd from the Summer mini catalog! I love the long look. You'll see that I'm caseing alot of cards these days! I love simple stamp images and this one features shadow-like plants and flowers which are great for tone-on-tone looks. The butterfly is popped up with dimensionals, after cutting it w/my Big Shot from the Beautiful Butterflies die. I used jumbo eyelets and hemp twine for embellishing the side. Since I had the inspiration, I literally made this one in about 10min! Just my kind of card!

I gave this to a wonderful couple at my church who graciously allowed our ladies Bible study to 'shop' on donation (to the church) from their garage full of unwanted home decor items and furniture! It was the best 'sale' I've ever been too! It's also allowing me to somewhat re-decorate my living room, so maybe I'll post before and after pics soon!

No comments: